I love making apple pie and cheesecakes so I combined the two and came up with this yummy recipe. I hope you enjoy it, too!!
Caramel Apple-Candied Pecan Cheesecake
- Candied Pecans:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 C pecan halves
- 1 3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4-8oz pks of Philly Cream Cheese
- 1 C sugar
- 4 lg eggs
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 Lg Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cubed
- Canramel Ice-Cream Topping (I use William-Sonoma’s)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in everything, except the pecans, until blended. Add nuts and toss to coat. Bake in a single layer on a baking sheet for 8 min, toss to coat and bake another 5 min. After nuts are cool, COARSELY chop them. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 C sugar, Pour over melted butter and stir to oombine. Press mixture into the bottom of an 9 or 10″ springform pan. Set aside.
- Cream cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sour cream and beat well. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well. Fold in apples. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan. Top with candied pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour (I tend to like my cheesecakes a little brown). When completely cool, drizzle the top with Caramel Sauce.
I don’t have a clue…I’m guessing a heart attack on a plate.