This moist and Delicate cake is a winner at any party! Its also know as the Famous PuertoRican Amaretto Cake. I added my own “secret” ingredients to perfection. Keep in mind that the quality of the Flour, Eggs and Margarine/Butter you use DOES make a difference …..Enjoy!!
Amaretto Puertorican Cake
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 1 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups Sifted Flour
- 4 Large Eggs ( Separeted)
- 2 TSP Baking Powder ( if using a non- self rising cake four)
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk ( do not dilute)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 TSP Almond Extract
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 3 Ounces OR 1 small trial size bottle of Amaretto Liquor
- ** Butter, Margarine and Eggs must be at room temperature**
- 1-Beat Butter, Margarine and Sugar at medium speed until consistency is creamy and light color.
- 2- Add Egg Yolk one at the time and slowly
- 3- Add Almond, Vanilla, and Liquor blend for about 30 seconds
- 4- Add small amounts of flour and baking powder with small amounts of milk at the time until well mixed.
- *****EGG WHITES******
- 1-IN A SEPARETE MIXER beat egg whites at high speed until completly white and foamy consistency ( Like merengue)
- 2- FOLD completly with cake batter
- 3- Place in 10″ by 2″ cake pan leaving about 2 ” space on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until center of cake is ready.