Applesauce Snack Cake
- 1 2/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
Apple Cider Sauce (below)
- Heat oven to 350°. Mix flour, brown sugar, allspice, baking soda and salt with fork in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches. Mix in remaining ingredients except Apple Cider Sauce. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with warm Apple Cider Sauce.
- Apple Cider Sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons whipping (heavy) cream
- Heat all ingredients to rolling boil in heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat slightly. Boil 3 minutes, stirring frequently. (Watch carefully; mixture burns easily.) Refrigerate any remaining sauce.
- Microwave Directions: For cake, mix as directed in ungreased round microwavable dish, 8×1 1/2 inches. Place dish on inverted microwavable pie plate, 9×1 1/4 inches, in microwave oven. Microwave uncovered on medium (50%) 15 to 17 minutes, rotating dish 1/4 turn every 5 minutes, until top springs back when touched lightly. (Center top may appear moist but will continue to cook while standing.) Let stand uncovered on flat, heatproof surface (do not let stand on wire rack). For sauce, decrease apple cider to 2 tablespoons. Place all ingredients in 4-cup microwavable measure. Microwave uncovered on High 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or just to boiling; stir. Microwave uncovered 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring every minute, until thickened.
This cake doesn't have any egg in it?
Login To Leave A Comment