My good friend Rosario71 [here on cake central] recently shared this recipe with me. She’s tried a bunch of buttercream frosting recipes and says this is the BEST!
Homemade Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup – Crisco shortening [lard]
- 1/2 cup – Butter or Margerine
- 1 tsp – clear vanilla extract [clear- otherwise the brown tint will show]
- 4 cups – SIFTED powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp -milk
- Using a blender: Cream butter and Crisco shortening; Add vanilla; add sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix will seem thick / lumpy. Add milk until frosting is fluffy.
- That’s it. Enjoy.
Sweet and has lard. Will not win healthy award.