this is the recipe for the rainbow cake that i made for a friends son’s birthday party.
*when you do this recipe each ingredients can be adjusted to make more layers. these ingredients are for 2 layers at a time.*
Rainbow Party Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add enough food coloring to get desired colors. (I used both powdered and liquid colors to get desired affects.)
- 1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour seven 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
- 2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Stir in vanilla. Distribute batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- 3.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake springs back when pressed gently in the center. Cool in pans over a wire rack. When completely cooled, frost or fill as desired.