this is the recipe for the rainbow cake that i made for a friends sonâs birthday party.
*when you do this recipe each ingredients can be adjusted to make more layers. these ingredients are for 2 layers at a time.*
Rainbow Party Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add enough food coloring to get desired colors. (I used both powdered and liquid colors to get desired affects.)
- 1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour seven 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
- 2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Stir in vanilla. Distribute batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- 3.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake springs back when pressed gently in the center. Cool in pans over a wire rack. When completely cooled, frost or fill as desired.
How do you add the food coloring? Because if you keep adding the food coloring to the batter than it's all just going to combine to form one color.
You add the colouring when you split the batter between the pans
I've done this several ways. I made a 7 layer cake with the colors of the rainbow, and I've also done it using just one pan to bake them. They look tie dyed if you do it that way. I had good results using gel coloring but the purple turns a bit weird.
is there a picture anywhere? Not getting a visual based on instructions.
I have made this before i divided my batter into 7 foam cups and put as many drops of food coloring that the food coloring box said to and poured red in one pan and so forth.Hope I helped:)
I just made this. I split the batter in to 4 cups and colored. Then I took a spoon and spooned into the pans the batter. It looks cool! I will post pictures in a day or so. I will also post it on my blog and on facebook.
This recipe sounds great. I plan on trying it for a birthday cake I have to make for six year old twins. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I am going to try this recipe, but for a "watermelon" themed cake..I needed to decide how to get the insided red, and I think this may be the tickets... Thanks!
i made this cake before and it came out great love making this cake. I also divided my batter in to 4 cups i used the neon colors. came out fantastic. love it
hi can i use egg replacer instead of the eggs as i need to make a eggless cake
Login To Leave A Comment