This is my favorite cake! My mother says it tastes like “A vanilla Milkshake.” This is the cake that I use for the bottom of a lot of stacked cakes because it is so sturdy and such a wonderful cake! I hope that everything really loves this recipe as much as we do! Thanks so much!
Vanilla Pound Cake
- Dry: un-bleached all purpose flour- 2 ½ cups + 3 tbs
- Corn starch- 1 tbs
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Baking soda- ¼ tsp
Liquid: sour cream- 8 ounces (1 cup)
- Heavy cream- 2 tbs
- Brandy extract 1 tsp
- Rum extract 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 4 tbs (I know…but yes!)
Creaming: unsalted butter-at room temp 2 sticks
- Extra fine sugar- 3 cups
- Eggs- 5
- Yolk- 1
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Rack in the middle.
- Sift flour and measure all dry ingredients. Mix together in a bowl.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together in a different bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar in mixer on low for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and then the yolk. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add some of the dry and then some of the liquid back and forth 3-5 times beginning and ending with dry. Dont wait for it to be completely mixed before adding more.
- Scrape sides of bowl.
- Mix on medium about 15-20 seconds.
- Prepare pans with non-stick spray.
- For a bundt cake, bake for 50-55 minutes. For 2 9-inch, bake 28 minutes. For cupcakes, bake for 15 minutes.