I was looking for a creamy lemon filling that did not require cooking and came across a nice recipe on cooks.com that was paired with an Angel Food cake recipe. I have altered their recipe a little. This makes a nice light and fluffy creamy lemon filling.
Lemon Cream Filling
- 1- 8oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 c whipping cream
- 1 pkg instant Lemon Pudding mix
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1: In a large mixer bowl cream sugar and softened cream cheese.
- 2: Add pudding mix and extract; mixing just till combined.
- 3; Slowly add in the whipping cream; mixing till throughly combined and fluffy.
Probably not very nutritional since it’s part of a dessert. Happy eating.