Whenever I make this recipe at home, an hour after making those cookies my mom and my sisters raid them and there’s no more for me!
Oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies
- 1/3 cup Crisco or vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup oats (i use the quaker kind)
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips ( I usually put more)
- 1- Preheat over to 350F
- 2- Cream the fat with the granulated and brown sugar,cream until fluffy.
- 3- Add the egg and extract to the mixture and mix until everything is incorporated.
- 4- Sift the flour and baking soda in, mix well.
- 5- Add the oats and chocolate chips, mix well again.
- 6- Place small balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper,baking them for 10 minutes or until the under side is golden.
I stopped counting after the sugar and shortening