These are the perfect chocolate chip cookie. They are filled with chocolate and are nice and soft inside! I highly recommend the Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips if you can get them. It sets these cookies apart from any others!
Tricia’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup Crisco
1/2 cup unsalted butter (don’t let it get too soft)
2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line large (18- by 12-inch) baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and oats together; set aside.
3. In a large bowl of an electric mixer cream together Crisco, butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Add whole eggs, one at a time, then egg yolks, on low speed until light and creamy. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice on low, making sure all ingredients are mixed in well..
4. Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
5. Use 3 Tbsp. for a medium-sized cookie, or 1/4 cup cookie dough for a larger cookie. I fill a 1/4 cup measuring cup then hit the cup upside down onto a cooled, parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake in a 325 degree F oven until light golden brown and still puffy, and the edges have begun to set but the centers are still soft for approximately 13 – 16 minutes. Don’t overcook if you like your cookies really soft inside. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then transfer cookies to cooling rack.