A quick & easy way to give your mini cakes a shiny finish
Quick-Pour Fondant Icing
- *6 cups Sifted Confectioners’ Sugar (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- *1/2 cup water
- *2 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- *1 teaspoon no-color Almond Extract
- *Icing Colors
- * Cover cooled cakes w/ buttercream/rdy-to-use White Decorators’ Icing. Let stand about 15mins. In saucepan, Combine Sugar, Water, & Corn Syrup; stir until well-mixed. Place over Low Heat. **Don’t exceed temp of 100′F. Remove from heat; Stir in Extract & Icing color.
- * Place cooled cakes on cooling grid; place wax-paper under. Pour icing on cakes starting in the center; cover completely. Touch up bare spots w/ spoon/spatula; Let set.
- **Excess icing may be reheated