This recipe is a huge hit everytime I bring it to any gathering. I’d tried it as a filing in a chocolate cake (minus the cookies), everyone loved it. Think chocolate cover banana’s! I’ve also tried this in chocolate fudge and white chocolate. YUM! It can be made fat free and (almost) sugar free. Just change pudding flavor and/or use fat free/sugar free pudding, cream cheese, cool whip and cookies.
“Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding”
- 2 bags of Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
- 6-8 ripe bananas, sliced
- 5oz. of French vanilla instant pudding(use one 3.4oz box and about 1/2 of second box)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 8oz. cream cheese at room temp.
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condesed milk
- 12 oz. of cool whip
- Line bottom of 13×9 inch pan with a bag of cookies. Place bananas on top of cookies. Make pudding using 2 cups of milk. Set aside. Blend cream chees and sweetened condensed milk together. Fold 12.oz of cool chip into the cream cheese misture and add this to pudding. Pour your pudding mixture over bananas. Use second bag of cookies on top of pudding. Best is made the night before to let the cookies soften up.