This is the Butter Cream recipe that my cake instructor gave us. Each batch makes 10 cups of frosting.
Yummy Butter Cream
- 1 lb of softened butter (4 sticks)
- 3 lbs (sifted) Powdered Sugar
- Â½ cup Sweetex Shortening (1 cup in the summer)
- Â½ c. water or milk
- 2 tsp. other flavoring
- 1. Mix butter & shortening for about 4 minutes (med/high)
- 2. Add sugar 1 to 2 cups at a time till all is mixed (low) (If too stiff, add some of the milk/water)
- 3. Mix in rest of liquid
- 4. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes, then high for 7.
- **Because of the butter and/or milk, this recipe needs the refrigerator. But it can be left out for 2 days.**
Hello, Where do you get your sweetex shortening I have heard about it, but I cant find it?
Login To Leave A Comment