- 1 c. whipping cream
- Dash of salt
- Rounded 1/3 c. flour, sifted
- 1 c. butter, soft
- 1 c. sifted confectioners’ sugar, 2 for a stiffer frosting
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix cream, flour and salt until lumps are dissolved. Cook over medium heat while stirring continually with a wood spoon. Cook this mixture until thickened and it forms a paste like ball which pulls away from the sides of the pan easily. Allow the paste mixture to cool.
- After the paste is cooled, whip. Add the butter and whip together. Add sugar and continue whipping. Add the vanilla and beat well.
- This is a good frosting for those who don’t like too sweet frosting. In hot, humid weather this frosting tends to be too soft when beating. It will require refrigeration if not to be too soft.