The Swiss Roll is like a sponge cake but in a roll and is easy to make. Great thing about it you can fill it up with any thing you want and because its a roll it will look great as a last minute tea party dessert.
- 6 eggs(with yolk separated from the whites)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
The pan needs to be shallow and rectangular and about 15 inches in length and 9 in width(and idea you can have a bigger one if you want but that about the size i used)
- Line it with parchment paper and for best result put oil on it and spread it with a brush.
- Brush for spreading oil
- Parchment paper
- Clean towel
- Separate the yolk from the whites and put them in two different containers.
- Beat the egg whites until they they at least double in size and become like bubbles.
- When the whites reach the right size keep on beating and slowly add sugar.
- When the sugar and whites become one beat it for like a minute more to be sure and then add the yolk.
- Beat the whites and yolk together until they are mixed well and become a pale yellow.
- Six st:
- And repeat the process of beating and adding but with flour. The mix will be pale yellow and thick.
- Pour in the prepared pan till like 3/4 full and bake at 325F for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked remove from the oven. Get a clean towel and spread it over the baked soon to be roll. Then use a spatula that is thin to lift the cake of the parchment paper and roll the cake with right in with the towel.(In the end you will have a Swiss roll with a towel inside lol.) Let is cool completely.
- When it cooled take the towel out and fill it with any thing you want-jam, pudding, strawberry spread,ect…
It tastes great! Guess can be that bad! =)