This is a recipe that I came up with after being disappointed in Marshmallow Fondant and Rolled Buttercream. So I combined the two and got the best of both worlds. It works great for cookies.
Marshmallow Rolled Buttercream
- 1 10.5oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1-2 TBL water
- 1 1/2 cups of light corn syrup
- 1 cup shortening (I use sweetex)
- Powdered sugar (4 -6 lbs)
- In a large microwave safe bowl I put in the entire bag of mini marshmallows with a little water, corn syrup and shortening. Melt this down for about 1 min and then stir until all the marshmallows are melted. Add powdered sugar to bowl and mix ( I use a fork for this) until it is really thick. Then pour it out over a pile of powered sugar and knead it all together. Mix in enough to make it the consistancy of fondant. It helps to put some of the shortening on your hands to keep it from sticking.
- Then just put it in a ziploc and use as needed. When you go to use it just roll it out like fondant on a little powdered sugar and cut out with your cookie cutters. Attach it with a little piping gel and it sticks with no problem. You can brush off the powdered sugar for a matte look or lighty mist it with water for a glossy look (this is how to get the shiny look on some of them).
- It will set up enough to stack after a couple of hours of drying. I usually let mine set overnight. Oh and you can also pipe royal icing decorations or luster dust on it to.
- Hope you like it as much as I do.