I am posting this recipe for anyone who needs a really good strawberry cake recipe. It is so simple to make but everyone will think you spent all day making it. (I never tell them otherwise…LOL)
Strawberry Cake – Simple and Awesome
- 1 – Boxed Strawberry Cake Mix ( I usually use Duncan Hines)
- 1 – 12oz. can of strawberry nectar (this can be found in the latin food section of your local grocery store)
- 3 – eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 – 16 oz. container of fresh strawberries
- 2 – Strawberry Whips Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and Flour two 8 inch cake pans.
- Mix all ingredients (exept strawberries & frosting) together in mixing bowl until well blended.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean but cake has not browned too much.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Before cakes cool completely, divide the layers into 4 thinner layers with knife or dental floss. Let the 4 layers cool completely.
- While cakes cool, cut strawberries. I keep my bigges t, prettiest pieces for the top.
- Spread the bottom layer with frosting keeping frosting about a 1/2 inch from the edge. Place a layer of the “non pretty” strawberry slices on top of the frosting. Again to do not take it to the edge. Repeat with all layers but last.
- Top with last layer and frost as usual.
- Place “prettiest” strawberries on the top of cake starting at the outer edge. Do another circle within that one. Place a nice big dollop of frosting in the center and top with a big whole strawberry.
- KEEP CHILLED!