This is a wonderful moist cake. It is great for St Paddy’s day and other family get togethers.
Irish Cream Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Irish cram liqueur
- Irish cream glaze recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 12 cup fluted pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl combine blour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Stir in Irish cream. spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle Irish Cream Glaxe over cake. Garnish with fresh mint and sliced strawbery if desired.
- Irish Cream Glaze
- Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish Cream
- In a medium bowl combine sugar and Irish Cream Shisking until smooth.