I have made this cake with half cake flour and all-purpose flour and get a very tender crumb.
Baking Jeannie’s Orange Layer Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 teasp salt
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 tsp orange zest
- 2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups milk at room temperature
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2. Grease and flour two 9x 1-1/2 inch round cake pans
- 3. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4. Cream butter and sugar at medium speed ultil light and fluffy (about 10 minutes)
- 5. Beat in eggs one at a time scraping down the bowl.
- 6. Beat in orange extract and zest.
- 7. With mixture on low speed alternately add dry ingredients with milk in three additions. Scraping down bowl.
- 8. Por batter into prepared pans three-quarters full smoothing the top.
- 9. Bake in lower part of own for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- 10. Transfer pans to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edge of the pans and invert cakes on wire rack. Cool completely and wrap well and keep at room temperature for two days..
Hi, what is a stick of butter in grammes please. In the UK and not aware how much this is. Wanting to try this recipe soon
1 stick of butter = 113 grams
This is a wonderful orange cake - everyone I have made it for loves it! My 10 year old requested it for her birthday this year as her favorite kind of cake.
Login To Leave A Comment