Here is a recipe for marshmallow fondant. I add chocolate chips to it and it gives it a little more flavor.
Chocolate Marshmallow Fondat
- 1 (12oz) package semi-sweet or white chocolate chips
- 1lb mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- Grease large area on a clean counter to work on
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave
- Put marshmallows and water into large bowl and stir together
- Melt marshmallows in microwave for 30 second intervals stirring each time
- Sprinkle half of your powdered sugar onto greased counter
- Once marshmallows are completely melted pour them onto greased counter
- Grease your hands with Crisco (including between fingers) very well because marshmallows are very sticky
- Work in powered sugar to marshmallows adding more as you go
- Once it is all worked in keep kneading the fondant until it is the desired consistancy and color
- ***If you are using semi-sweet chocolate chips your fondant will come out a chocolate brown color***
At what point to do you combine the chocolate mixture? It doesn't say in the instructions!
i agree with kkc.
I have the same question??? I guess I would add the melted chocolate chips into the melted MM and then pour out onto powered work area?
Login To Leave A Comment