This is a delicious rich cake. Very velvety and buttery. Not recommended to be iced, best served as is.
Butter Mochi Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 box Mochiko Flour (or sweet rice flour) 16oz.
- 1 12oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 13.5oz. can of coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- You can use up to 2 1/4 cups sugar without increasing the volume of the liquid ingredients. It all depends on how sweet you want the Mochi to be.
- Add one stick unsalted butter to a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave for 30 seconds. Add sugar and mix until well combined. Add vanilla extract, then add eggs, one at a time. Mix until well incorporated. Add in Mochiko flour and baking powder, and continue to mix.
- Combine evaporated milk and water in a separate bowl. Whisk to blend. Add to Mochiko mixture in 2 parts, mixing well between additions. Next add in coconut milk, whisking until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for one hour at 350F. Promptly remove from oven, and let cool completely. To serve, cut into 1 x 2 bars.
This cake sounds so delicious, I will definitely try it on, at least as soon as I find this mochiko flour, which I've never heard about :) it might sound silly but how much is a stick of butter? Is it 125g?
Login To Leave A Comment