This is a variation of the recipe that I used in the OSSAS tasting category last year (2005) — The original recipe had ginger in them — but I”ve made them both ways – These are rich, dense chocolate cookies that are great for cut outs. If you want Chocolate Ginger bread — add 1 tablespoon of ginger..
Chocolate Cookie Favors
- ½ cup of Butter, softened
- ¾ cup of dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups of flour
- ½ cup of cocoa
- Cream butter, sugar, corn syrup and molasses. Add egg and beat until well blended. Add flour, cocoa; stir until blended adding more flour if necessary to make dough thick. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to a 3/8 inch thickness. Cut out with desired shapes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment