I came up with this recipe with the help from jaimee679 and her Pina colada cake 4. I made this for a tropical weddig theme. All flavorings are from Loraan flavorings and oils.
Close to a Pina colada
- (1) box of White cake mix 18.125 oz. 5 drops of coconut flavoring (lorann )
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of RUM flavoring (Lorann bakery emulsions NO ALCOHOL in flavoring)
- 1 drop of pineapple flavoring (Lorann)
- 3/4 cup of pineapple juice saved from can
- 3 egg whites ( depending on what your brand of cake mix)
- 1/3 cup of oil (depending on what your brand of cake mix)
- I added 1/2 cup of water to mix. box called for 1 1/4 cup of water – 3/4 cup of pineapple juice + 1/2 cup of water = 1 1/4 cup total.
- 1 can 15.5 oz of crushed pineapple drained well . pine apple will be used as filling.
- #1 perheat oven to 325
- #2 in a large bowl place egg white , pineapple juice , water , flavorings, and cake mix. Mix well
- #3 place cake mix in a greased pan of your choice bake till center comes out clean using a toothpick. About 27-32 min.
- #4 while cake is baking prepare filling. Make sure that the pineapple is drained well or it will cause your cake center to be soggy. Once the pineapple is dry i mixed it with the buttercream icing. for the filling.
- #5 Once your cake is done and completly cooled you can add your filling. I added a thin layer of b/c icing to the cake layers to prevent any juice that might be in pineapple. Fill your cake , now your ready to decoate. Hope you like this recipe.