Tired of boxed lemon cake mixes that have that screaming fake yellow color? Want to make a moist, fragrant, luscious lemon cake that starts with the ease of a boxed mix? Here you go! White cake infused with lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon pudding makes this cake heavenly.
AMAZING Lemon Cake from a Mix
- 1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 box Jell-O brand instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 tsp clear vanilla flavor
- 2 tsp lemon extract (I prefer Watkins)
- Zest and juice from 2 large lemons
- Mix all ingredients for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl and mix for an additional minute. Pour into greased cake pans with a greased flower nail in the center of each pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven. Cake is done when a toothpick has some crumbs clinging to it. I divide the batter from this recipe into two 8″ x 3″ pans which makes two nice tall layers that I then torte twice and fill with lemon curd. Yum!