- THE CAKE
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 sm can mandarin oranges(juice and all)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 1 can crushed pineapple(well drained)
- powdered sugar to taste
- shreaded coconut (optional)
- 1. pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. in a medium sized bowl mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, and oranges. mix unti mixture is mostly smooth.
- 3. pour mix ture in to desired cake pan. it will make 2-round 9 inch, 1- 9×13, or 1-bunt cake pan.
- 4. bake for about 30-35 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 5. in a medium size bowl mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended.
- 6. next mix in the cool whip and pineapple mix until well blended
- 7. taste of the mixture and add powdered 1 tbs at a time until you are satisfied with the sweetness. ( i usally use about 4 tbs. my mom uses about 1/3 of a cup she likes hers sweet and i like to taste some of the tartness from the cream cheese. so thats why i say to taste)
- 8. let cake cool completly then frost.
- 9. if desired you can sprinkle coccnut over the cake. keep refridgerated untill ready to serve. cake can be left at room temp. but it will only last about 2-3 days if kept in the fridge can keep 7-10 days.