A subtle white chocolate flavour. Very easy to make, also makes excellent cupcakes (about 25). I got this recipe from www.exlusivelyfood.com.au. They also provide a chart of ingredient quantities for different pan sizes which I have found invaluable for different size orders. I hope you use this recipe and enjoy!
Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake
- 300g white chocolate
- 200g butter
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten (eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
- 100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (145 degrees fan-forced).
- Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line the base and sides of the pan with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter has melted, and stir until well combined. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture. Stir well.
- Stir flours together in a large bowl. Add one cup of chocolate mixture to the f;our and stir until a smooth paste forms. Repeat with another cup of the chocolate mixture. Add remaing chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. When the cake is ready an inserted skewer should come out clean.
I was wondering about that web sight you said you got the recipe from. I tried it yet was unable to acess it. I wanted to know if you can please rewirte it or see if there is any way I would be able to access that site? Thanks...
This is the recipe I use. It tastes awesome!
yeah , use this recipe,to many requests to bake it...bt eay yummy,but i was just wondering if anybody knows if i put fod colour and mix 2 tbl s cocoa in mix to make marble cake would it turn out or affect the taste?????my son wants marble cake and i want white mud(compramise)
p.s SCRUMPOT.exclusivefood.com.au then go to sweet recipes.fantastic sight
My first ever white chocolate Mudcake and THE ONLY recipe I will ever need. Absolutely beautiful!! Well done
Question? I don't have self rising flour, how much salt and baking powder do I need to add?
I tried this recipe today in cupcakes and the result... moist and delicious cupcakes, my daughter really liked them. I paired it with "Rick's Special ButterCream" posted here on CC, they go very well together.
I've tried numerous cake recipes looking for that perfect fluffy texture and this is EXACTLY what I've been searching for. I didn't have self-rising flour and I instead used all cake flour. Here's what I did, as you can see there were some changes to the recipe :
10.6 oz. white chocolate 7 oz. butter 3/4 C. sugar (I used granulated.) 1 C. milk 2 eggs 2 t. vanilla 1 2/3 C. cake flour 1 t. baking powder 1/4 t. salt
What type of white chocolate would you recommend? Where can I find a conversion chart to show cups vs g?
Login To Leave A Comment