After decorating so many cakes, I can say ‘I HATE CAKE”! My dear friend knowing this made me this ecalir cake and oh my gosh it is to die for! As she always says it’s a crowd pleaser…I do have to agree.
Sharon’s Eclair Cake
- 1c. water
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 eggs (room temp)
1 (8oz) cream cheese (soften)
- 2 sm. pkg.French Vanilla instant pudding
- 3c. milk
1 regular container Cool Whip
1/3 c. butter
- 3/4 pkg. chocolate chips (8oz)
- Place water and 1 stick of butterin heavy bottom pan, boil. Stir in the flour. When flour mixture comes off pan remove from heat. Let cool 5-7 min. Stir in eggs one at a time. When all eggs are incorporated, take dough and spread on a buttered cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 30 min. at 350 degrees.Dough will raise slightly and be somewhat crusty on top. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese , pudding and milk. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Next spread cool whip over the pudding.
- Melt 1/3c. butter and chocolate chips together on a low heat. let cool slightly, then spread over the cool whip.
- Eat Eat Eat …………………YUM
Probably really fattening…..so what EAT!
I just made this for my birthday cake b/c I'm sick of cake too, lol. My family and I agree that it's a totally awesome dessert! I think eclairs are my favorite pasty anyway, so this just sealed the deal for me. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
What size cookie sheet pan did you use? How many inches wide and length?
Did you use regular butter or unsalted butter?
Login To Leave A Comment