This is a quick and easy way to make king cakes. This is an adaptation of Emeril Lagasse’s original recipe. Enjoy and Laissez les bon temps roulez!
Quick King Cake
- 2 (12 oz) cans of cresent rolls or refrigerated sweet dough
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup icing (see below)
- 1 ½ cups sugar (divided into 3 parts)
- Food coloring (golden yellow (or gold), purple, green)
- Or decorators sugar bought in yellow, purple and green
- 1. After opening the cans of crescent rolls, unroll in one piece, side by side on the short side. With your fingers, press seams together to form one long piece of dough.
- 2. Melt the butter, then gently brush over the dough.
- 3. Mix together cinnamon and sugar, then gently spread over the buttered dough.
- 4. Starting on the long end, carefully roll the dough, horizontally, with the cinnamon sugar inside. Insert plastic baby at any place within the dough.
- 5. Place on baking pan with the seam side down in a circle, pinching the ends together.
- 6. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7. While the cake is baking, use the food coloring to dye the sugar.
- 8. When cake is cool, pour icing over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the colored sugar, alternating the three colors as you go around the circle.
- 9. For icing: Combine 2 cups of powdered sugar, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp water until smooth.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment