Nice and moist!
No Fault Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 300F.
- 2. Grease & flour a 9″ tube or 10″ bundt pan.
- 3. Cream butter, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add eggs, two at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 5. Sift together cake flour & baking powder.
- 6. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the sour
- cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- 7. Add almond & vanilla extracts.
- 8. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until the cake shrinks slightly from the
- sides of the pan.
- 9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert on cool rack, turning upright.
This cake was delicious. Moist, tasted great & held the fondant well! Thanks!
Hey, thanks for the recipi. could u please tell me if i could use regular 8" round pans for this recipi?
Great recipe! I use this one also for making stacked cakes. For another flavor, try orange zest and it will give it a citrus flavor omitting the almond extract, that is.
Made this pound cake for family and everyone loved it! Thanks for the great recipe!
Login To Leave A Comment