It can be used when needing a glassy like appearance on fondant. (ie a windshield like on this car
It dries to a shine. I have doulbed, tripled with no problem.
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 3 tsp water (out of tap)
- 1 tsp liquid glucose ( I used corn syrup)
- Sprinkle gelaitn in the water. Let stand until it becomes spongy.
- Dissolve until clear over hot, not boiling water.
- Add liquid glucose/corn syrup and stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into an airtight container. The mixture will become hard/stiff.
- To use it, heat the varnish in a container of hot, not boiling water.
- Paint onto item to be vanished while mixture is still hot.
- DO NOT KEEP IN REFRIGERATOR.
great recipe. Thanks!
I've tried the recipe and when i am applying it ,the texture becomes almost like a rubbery. it rolls off while i am applying it.can you let me know what i am doing wrong.
I had the same problem as mukey32. Can you tell me what I did wrong?Thanks!
I used the varnish on the windshield and glass of a vintage truck. I found that filling my brush with varnish and making one light sweep stopped the rolling. I covered the area in rows, never letting my brush touch the gumpaste. Also, I had to reheat the varnish before I finished because it started to get rubbery. The varnish added so much to the appearance of the truck. Thanks for sharing!
Login To Leave A Comment