I wanted to make webs that I could pick up and drape on a cake without paying the high cost for that icing veil or whatever it is called. So I added a little here, and added a little there, and this is what I came up with, enjoy and let me know if it works out for you!!!
Gummy Spider Webs with marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Cream of Tarter
- 1 Tsp Vanella
- 1 1/2-2 pounds Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups Marshmallows (squish into measuring cup as much as you can) melted
- 8 Packages Geletin
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Food dye gel
- 3 Tablespoons meringue powder, 6 Tablespoons Water, 1 Tablespoon Cream of Tarter, 1 tsp vanella, mix well with wisk until lumps are gone. Add Powdered Sugar until it is about twice as thick as buttercream icing. (very stiff) may be lumpy. Add melted marshmallows. Dump 8 packages of geletin into a separate bowl and mix with 1 cup hot water, wisk until all lumps are gone. Add to Previous mixture by pouring geletin mixture through a strainer, and mix with a wisk until smooth. Add food gel dye to desired color and then microwave entire mixture 20 seconds at a time until very warm and mixture is smooth. Pour into piping bag and using a #5 tip pipe webs onto wax paper covered with a good layer of crisco to prevent sticking. If you don’t use crisco they will stick to wax paper. Let set up for about 4-5 hours and then pick up webs careful not to let the webs bend and touch itself (they won’t crack but will stick to itself!!) and drape on cake. As you work, your mixture WILL thicken, when it is too hard to pipe just take the tip off your bag and microwave on a plate for 5 seconds, replace tip and run tip under hot water while squeezing bag slightly until it flows easily again. When mixture in bowl thickens, just microwave for 20 seconds at a time until warm and smooth again. I hope this works for you as well as it did for me!! Just rember, you have to work with this stuff warm!! You can refrigerate mixture and just warm and wisk up again for more use.