I recieved this recipe from a friend who got it from someone else. My husband hates coconut and he ate the whole cake before I even got a piece. This cake is very easy and very moist. I have not made it for anyone yet that hasn’t liked it. Anytime we have a gathering I am asked to bring this cake. Enjoy.
Orange Coconut Cake
- Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2c. oil
- 1/2c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp.vanilla
- 1 can coconut
- 1 stick butter,melted
- 1 small container sour cream
1/2c. orange juice
- 3/4c. sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- Mix ingredients and then fold in the sour cream. Pour into a bundt pan that has been greased and floured completly and bake at 350 degrees following the directions on box for time.
- Combine ingredients in a small pan and cook for 5 minutes. Pour over cake in pan. Let topping soak in and then turn cake out on pan.
- Once you pour the topping on the cake it is going to look like it is going to overflow out of the pan. That is okay because it will soak in to the cake. Hope you enjoy this is a very simple cake you will love it.
I am looking for a cake recipe that will be able to hold up fondant and molded pieces like home made gum paste and decorations
What is 1 can of coconut? What size can? Is this coconut water, coconut milk, or shredded coconut? I'm sure it's a good cake, but I can't make it without knowing what the ingredients are. Thanks.
I have made twice the Duncan Hines butter recipe and is has shrinked and made a hole in the center of the cake I don´´t know what could have happened and I am following exactly the directions of the cake box. I have made this cake before and it was perfect and delicious but two last times was awful. Please does anyone knows what could have happened???
Login To Leave A Comment