This pound cake is delicious with a cream cheese frosting and fresh fruits. Very delicate texture and absolutely delicious. I have tweeked it to make my famous Almond Cream Cheese pound cake. I double the recipe to get the egg weight right. All ingredients at room temperature.
Extra-Rich Cream Cheese Pound Cake
6 oz butter
8 oz cream cheese
9.5 oz eggs (about 5 1/2 eggs)*
1 oz sunflower oil (or any other oil)*
14 oz sugar
8 oz all-purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
* It should be a total of 10.50 oz of eggs (about 6 eggs), but I tweeked it to add the oil.
1) Set oven 325-F
2) Grease and lightly flour a loaf tin, and place wax paper at the bottom of pan.
3) Cream butter and cream on high with an electric mixer for 30 minutes.
4) Gradually add sugar and cream until light and fluffy for 6 minutes.
5) Add vanilla extract and beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
6) On low speed slowly add flour until compine then pour batter into brepared tin.
7) Bake for about 60 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.