This pound cake is delicious with a cream cheese frosting and fresh fruits. Very delicate texture and absolutely delicious. I have tweeked it to make my famous Almond Cream Cheese pound cake. I double the recipe to get the egg weight right. All ingredients at room temperature.
Extra-Rich Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 6 oz butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 9.5 oz eggs (about 5 1/2 eggs)*
- 1 oz sunflower oil (or any other oil)*
- 14 oz sugar
- 8 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
* It should be a total of 10.50 oz of eggs (about 6 eggs), but I tweeked it to add the oil.
- 1) Set oven 325-F
- 2) Grease and lightly flour a loaf tin, and place wax paper at the bottom of pan.
- 3) Cream butter and cream on high with an electric mixer for 30 minutes.
- 4) Gradually add sugar and cream until light and fluffy for 6 minutes.
- 5) Add vanilla extract and beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- 6) On low speed slowly add flour until compine then pour batter into brepared tin.
- 7) Bake for about 60 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Enjoy in moderation!