This recipe came from the cookbook my cousin put together after my Grandmother passed away in 2005. The book is a collection of our favorite recipes that Grandmother used to make. It is a wonderful way to keep Grandmother’s memory alive. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Pineapple Ice Box Cake
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup canned milk
- 1 cup f sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 box of graham crackers (crushed)
- 1 bag of chopped nuts (optional)
- Cook egg yolks and milk over medium heat until thick and then let cool. Add sugar, butter, and crushed pineapple. Beat egg whites until thick, then fold into the above mixture. In a 9×13 baking dish,layer graham cracker crumbs followed by a layer of pineapple mixture. Two layers deep is best, topped with graham cracker crumbs. Freeze and remove 15 minutes before serving.
- If you opt for adding nuts, fold them into the stiff egg whites.