Banana Wheat Muffins
- â¢ 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- â¢ 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- â¢ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- â¢ 1 cup whole wheat flour
- â¢ 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- â¢ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- â¢ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- â¢ 1/2 teaspoon salt
- â¢ 1 cup milk
- â¢ 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- â¢ 2 eggs
- â¢ 3 ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- â¢ 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Line muffin pan with baking cups; set aside. For streusel topping, in small bowl, combine walnuts and brown sugar; set aside. For muffins, in large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In separate bowl, beat milk, oil, and eggs. Add to flour mixture all at once; stir just until moistened. Do not over mix. Gently stir in bananas and nuts. Evenly distribute batter into lined baking cups. Evenly sprinkle streusel topping over each muffin. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan 5-8 minutes. Carefully remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely.
- Time saving tip: Use medium size ice cream scoop to evenly distribute batter.