Royal Icing for making flowers and such. I’ve noticed a lot of royal icing recipes I’ve tried don’t taste great at all. The raspberry extract gets rid of the meringue tang and tastes so good.
Tasty Royal Icing
- 3 Tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 1 lb. (4 cups) confectioners’ sugar
- 6 Tablespoons warm water*
- 1 Teaspoon Raspberry Extract
* For stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water
- Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks
- (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer,
- 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
- As with all royal icing, keep grease away!