After trying many buttercream frostings over the years, my friends and family (after many taste tests) agree this is the best.
The Imperial gives it a little more body than butter and does not yellow the frosting.
Kalama Gal’s No Fail Buttercream Frosting
- 1 stick of Imperial margarine (do not substitute)
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco (do not substitute)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds sifted powdered sugar
- Mix Imperial and Crisco on low. Add the salt, vanilla and butter flavoring. Scrape bowl.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and water. Once incorporated, scrape bowl and beat on medium (do not use wisk attachment if using stand mixer) for 6-8 minutes.
- For chocolate buttercream add 1/2 cup cocoa or melted (cooled)chocolate and a litttle water if needed.
- **Beating on low to medium will keep the frosting from getting air bubbles.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment