Simple recipe to convert your favorite cake mix box into a delicious cherry cake your friends will love.
Cake Mix Cherry Cake
- Ã¢Â¢ 1 (18-ounce) package devilâs food or chocolate cake mix (Can substitute white, yellow or vanilla cake if desired.)
- Ã¢Â¢ 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling (dark sweet, tart, or regular depending on taste)
- Ã¢Â¢ 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Ã¢Â¢ 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13Ã9â³ pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, extract, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, then beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- ***Alternate method: Combine cake mix, extract and eggs, beat until well mixed. Add cherry filling and mix by hand until blended. This allows some of the cherries to remain mostly whole.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until cake is set.
Read cake mix box and cherry pie filling for nutrition information.
I'm doing something wrong, I used 6" round pan 3" high, the cake is in the oven for 70 minutes already and it's not fully set yet :(
This is a think / dense cake... took a while to bake for me too. I think the directions for a 13x9 makes the batter thinner and also I bake on 325 not 350 so it does take a bit longer :)
Login To Leave A Comment