I have a good cream cheese frosting and one day I decided to add some raspberry sauce to it. It was wonderful! You’ll have extra sauce leftover so it would make a nice drizzle.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1 pkg. frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- approx. 4 cups powdered sugar
- About 1/4 cup raspberry sauce
- To make the raspberry sauce:
- Put frozen raspberries in food processor and process until smooth. Pour into sieve and strain out seeds (you may not get all of them out). Place seedless mixture into saucepan and add sugar and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- For Frosting:
- Put butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well blended. Add cooled raspberry sauce and powdered sugar. Mix well. Add additional sugar if taste and texture needs to be adjusted.
Sounds wonderful! Does this recipe crust? I'm hoping to try it for a wedding shower cake I need to deliver this weekend - I've been searching for a firm raspberry cream cheese icing that I can pipe.
Raspberries and Cream Cheese sound yummy together :)
Login To Leave A Comment