This is one of the easiest cakes I’ve ever made and it’s also very tasty. Hope you enjoy!
GipsyGourmet’s Coconut Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines or Better Crocker butter cake mix
- 12 oz. frozen Coconut
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Bake cake according to directions on box. (I use two 8 in pans.) Tort cake to make 4 layers.
- Combine coconut (thawed), sugar and sour cream by hand until well blended.
- Set aside 1 cup of filling.
- Place 1 cake layer on a cake plate with cut side up and spread filling, repeat this process with second and third layers. The fourth layer place the cut side down.
- Mix by hand 8 oz. of Cool Whip with the cup of filling that was set aside. Spread mixture over entire cake.
- I usually hold out a couple of tablespoons of coconut to sprinkle on top just for presentation.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment