I won a National prize in my country with a chocolate cake with this filling.
ItÂ´s a great way to surprise people with new flavors.
I hope you all enjoy it!!
Chocoberry cake filling
- The recipe is very simple, the ingredients are:
- 1 can (400gms) of La lechera condensed milk
- 4 squares of dark chocolate the kind that is use to make hot chocolate(no sugar on it)
- 1 pound of blackberries
- 1/2 pound of sugar.
- You put the can of condensed mil(without opening) on a pressure cooker covered with water and 1 tbsp of vinegar(to prevent stains on the cooker). When the pressure cooker starts to whistle, you let it there on medium heat for half an hour. Then you take the can out and let it cool before opening it. What you get here is a very good dulce de leche or Arequipe (how is call in my country Colombia).
- On a pot under low heat on the stove you melt the four squares of chocolate, carefully mixing to avoid burning. When is melted add the cooked condensed milk and mix vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Now you have the chocolate part, that you may also use to cover the cake.
- In advance put the blackberries with the sugar on low heat, until it becomes like a jam.
- you just have to put part of the chocolate and the blackberries between the cake layers. What you can also do if you have several layers is mix them, one just with the chocolate, other with the blackberries and so on.
- I can guarantee this is a taste from heaven.
- I hope you like it and enjoy it, if you need some other explanation feel free to pm me.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment