I was given this recipe almost ten years ago by a friend at work. She made this cake for a potluck and everyone raved. She made copies of the recipe for everyone to pick up. My husband usually picks this as his birthday cake and it’s the one he chooses to take for potlucks. The icing is very fluffy and goes well with the chocolate!
- 1 pkg. any type of chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. any type of chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/3 c. water (I use milk)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed (I don’t use all of it, I use about 3/4 of the tub)
- 1 Hershey Bar, grated or shaved
- Prepare pan and preheat oven to 300. Mix all ingreidents on low speed until mostly combined, scrap bottom and sides. Mix until well combined. Scrape bottom and sides. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add half of powdered sugar and beat on low until mostly combined. Scrape bottom and sides. Add remaining sugar and beat until mostly combined. Scrape bottom and sides. Beat on medium-low until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Grate or shave Hershey bar over cake. This icing is fluffy and airy and sticky because of the Cool Whip, so it doesn’t smooth well (it is also sticky). But it can be piped. It doesn’t really matter because it looks as good as it tastes with the chocolate on top!
Full of fat and calories! Yumm!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment