This recipe was given to me by one of my Mum’s co-workers and it is absolutely the best homemade scratch chocolate cake that I have ever tasted! When you prepare this batter, it will look so thin, you will wonder if it will even bake at all. Be prepared…the result will be a delcious and super moist cake!
Stacey’s Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup + 6 Â¾ Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 3 Â¼ Tbsps cornstarch
- Â½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsps baking soda
- Â½ tsp salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 Â½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Lorann chocolate flavouring
- Â¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hersheyâs)
- Â½ tsp coffee
- 2 cups water
- â¢ Preheat oven to 325Âº F. Grease pans and set aside.
- â¢ In a large mixing bowl, sift and mix all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- â¢ Pour water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Remove saucepan from heat when water begins to simmer.
- â¢ Add unsweetened cocoa powder and decaffeinated coffee and whisk ingredients together with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- â¢ Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- â¢ Add whole eggs one at a time to the creamed mixture. Add chocolate flavouring.
- â¢ Alternately add the dry ingredients and the cocoa mixture to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. (Be careful when mixing in the liquid! The mixer speed should be on slow to avoid any splashing. Also, donât panicâ¦the cake batter is supposed to be thin).
- â¢ Pour into prepared pans and bake until finished.
- â¢ Remove cakes from oven and set the cakes aside to cool completely.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment