A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago and everytime I bake this pound cake, I receive rave reviews, hope you will too.
Buttermilk Pound Cake III
- 3 Cups of sugar
- 2 Sticks of butter (soften)
- 5 Large eggs (seperated)
- 3 Cups sifted cake flour
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (mixed in buttermilk)
- 1 Teaspoon orange extract
- 1 Teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites with 3/4 cups of sugar and set aside.
- Cream remaining sugar with butter until lite and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yokes 1 at a time.
- Begin adding buttermilk and flour slowly (alternating).
- Add extracts and beat just a little bit more
- Fold in egg whites (do not beat egg whites into mix and do not mix the air out of the batter — keep everything lite and fluffy.)
- Place in cold oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes, depending on your oven.