This is one of my favorite ice cream cakes, I found this recipe in the Tast Of Home Magazine. With ingredients like chocolate, cookies, ice cream & peanuts…..you can’t go wrong! Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Freeze
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 oz) cream filled chocolate sandwhich cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, coursely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the confectioners sugar, milk, 1/2 cup butter & chocolate chips. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook & Stir for 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile in food processor or blender, cover and process cookies until finely crushed. In a large bowl, melt remaining butter & stir in crushed cookies. Press cookie mixture into a 13in X 9in X 2in dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread softened ice cream over crust, freeze. Stir peanuts into chilled chocolate mixture. Spread over ice cream. Cover & freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer about 5 minutes before serving.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment