This recipe was one of my Grandmothers Its perfect for a bundt pan, but I also use it for sheet cake to carve and molded cakes
Super Simple Pound Cake
- 2 cups regular flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of butter or margarine (soften)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsps flavoring (your choice)
- (Vanilla is what I use most but it all works great)
- Preheat oven to 350:F Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add flour, beat until smooth. Add flavoring. Bake in a greased and floured fluted or tube pan for 55 to 60 minutes. Cracks in top should be dry.
- Cool for about 15 to 20 minutes on rack, remove from pan and let it continue to cool on rack.
- If you flavored the cake with lemon zest you could make a lemon glaze and pour over the cake at this time.