Shannon’s Rocky Road Cake
- 1 box regular chocolate cake mix ( not dark, devil, or fudge )
- ingredients per box mix
- 2 C marshmallows
- 1 T water
- small walnut pieces ( as many as you want )
- 2 C melted marshmallows ( or more for large cake)
- 2 C melted marshmallows ( or more for larger cake)
- Mix cake as directed. Melt 2 C marshmallows with 1 T water in microwave for 1 min. Stir to throughly melt and add to cake mix. Mix well. Stir in walnuts. Bake at 325 for 30 hour. Edges will be a little crispy from the marshmallows.
- In between cake layers I spread almost melted marshmallows. They still have their shape but they are gooey.
- Instead of frosting I use more melted marshmallows. Like this it tastes exactly like the ice cream! If I’m decorating the cake then I cover in MMF.
I advise only eating half the cake as it is pretty fattening! ; )
what size cake pans
Bake for 30 hours??? Is that correct?
Login To Leave A Comment