Someone gave me this recipe ages ago but I’ve only just got around to trying it. It is one of those things you NEED in your life! A bowl of this, a bowl of strawberries and a glass of wine – no need for a cake!!!
Baileys Irish buttercream
- 1 cup butter
- quarter cup Baileys Irish cream liquer
- 2.5 cups powdered/icing sugar
- This will crust but not set as such.
- 1. Beat the butter until smooth and pliable but keep it cool or the frosting will go runny.
- 2. Add 1 cup of sugar and half of the Baileys and beat until smooth.
- 3. Add second cup of sugar and rest of Baileys and beat again.
- 4. You may need to refrigerate the mixture at this point if it has got too warm, as it may look quite runny. Chill until it stiffens a little.
- 5. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and beat again. Dependent on the type of butter or fat you use, it may take a little more sugar to thicken the mix enough but chill it well before you use it and then you’ll know if it is still too runny.
- It’s quite a sweet BC but you can still taste the Baileys through the sweetness.