Someone gave me this recipe ages ago but I’ve only just got around to trying it. It is one of those things you NEED in your life! A bowl of this, a bowl of strawberries and a glass of wine – no need for a cake!!!
Baileys Irish buttercream
1 cup butter
quarter cup Baileys Irish cream liquer
2.5 cups powdered/icing sugar
This will crust but not set as such.
1. Beat the butter until smooth and pliable but keep it cool or the frosting will go runny.
2. Add 1 cup of sugar and half of the Baileys and beat until smooth.
3. Add second cup of sugar and rest of Baileys and beat again.
4. You may need to refrigerate the mixture at this point if it has got too warm, as it may look quite runny. Chill until it stiffens a little.
5. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and beat again. Dependent on the type of butter or fat you use, it may take a little more sugar to thicken the mix enough but chill it well before you use it and then you’ll know if it is still too runny.
It’s quite a sweet BC but you can still taste the Baileys through the sweetness.