“A pound cake made with pineapple and glazed with pineapple sauce. Unlike most cakes, you will not preheat the oven on this one.”
Best Ever Pineapple Pound Cake
- â¢1/2 cup shortening
- â¢1 cup butter
- â¢1 3/4 cups white sugar
- â¢6 eggs
- â¢3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- â¢1 teaspoon baking powder
- â¢1/4 cup milk
- â¢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- â¢3/4 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- â¢1/4 cup butter
- â¢1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- â¢1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1.Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Sift together the flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- 2.In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, 1 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with milk; beat well. Stir in the 3/4 cup crushed pineapple.
- 3.Pour into 10 inch tube pan. Place in cold oven. Turn oven to 325 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 90 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove carefully from pan.
- 4.To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup butter, confectioners sugar and 1 cup crushed pineapple. heat and stir until melted. Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the pan.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment