Okay so call me lazy. But I really wasn’t in the mood to run the store (again!) for just ONE lonley box of chocolate cake mix…especially on the eve of Mother’s day. The recipe posted here by cakepro sounds excellent but all I had was cocoa powder and the chocolate squares. So this is what I came up with. Everyone loved it. It does have a deeper chocolate taste to it so those who love dark chocolate will really like this one.
Choco-latte cake from white cake mix
- 1 box DH Classic Yellow Cake mix
- 2/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 eggs (whole)
- 1 1/2 + 1 Tbsp water (380 mL)
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil (90 mL or 3 fl oz.)
- 1 – Sift cake mix into bowl.
- 2 – Sift cocoa powder into the mix and blend.
- 3 – Melt unsweetened chocolate squares according to directions – DO NOT ADD TO MIX YET!
- 4 – Add water, oil and eggs to the mix, blend on low for about a minute.
- 5 – Add melted chocolate and continue to blend on low for 30 seconds.
- 6 – Switch mixer to medium/medium high (6) speed and mix for 2 minutes.
- 7 – Pour into pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- (Cooking times may differ.)
If you have to ask nutritional information for cake, you’re probably better off not eating it!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment