Try with Orange Icing…
- â¢ 1 3/4 cup cake flour (see tip)
- â¢ 1 cup sugar
- â¢ 1/2 teaspoons salt
- â¢ 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- â¢ 2 large eggs, separated and whites beaten until stiff
- â¢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- â¢ 1/2 cup orange juice
- â¢ 1 stick of butter, softened
- Combine butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Cream these ingredients together thoroughly.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a separate mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients 1/3 at a time alternating with adding portions of the orange juice to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in beaten egg whites. Spoon batter into cupcake liners until 1/2 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Great subtle orange flavor....perfect for summer/spring :)
Awesome recipe. They turned out nice and moist. I added some orange zest, but really good. Thanks.
how many cupcakes does this recipe make? I'm not seeing that info.
do u have the recipe for orange icing? if yes please post it. i want to try both together. thanx
Login To Leave A Comment